About Me

I like to make things (not necessarily following a pattern). I like to indulge in credit crunch retail therapy - I have boxes and boxes of op-shop awesomeness! I have a quilt that never ends which I want to finish this year. I have over a dozen peices of retro furniture to restore. And, I hope one day to have a house to put it all in! When I was four, my dad visited me when I was in hospital and bought me a Little Golden Book called "The Ginhams - The Backwards Picnic". It was a great book, and the whole concept of the backwards picnic (not necessarily doing things the right way or in the right order, but still achieveing the goal) is still used in our family today.

Friday, June 15, 2012

So, not much blogging has been happening, but, I have been making some progress!  Firstly, the Quilt the Never Ends!




This is an update from May with all the hand stitching done for the top.  The next stage has been to attack the boarder - with a sewing machine this time!

The cream doesn't actually glow in the dark.  I think you'll get the picture.  I've purchased a walking foot, and the batting etc, so I'll be all good to go once the border is sorted.

And, to alternate from the quilt, I've been back into some woodwork  - 


A two metre long couch - which is now probably 90% stripped.  The vision is for it to go with the chair that I did at two sets of night classes last year:
I have been stockpiling the fabric, and the foam when it has been on special.

And lastly, a drinks cabinet, which originally looked like this:




And as of last weekend, looks like this:



I haven't quite decided which project is going to get the energy this weekend!  I'll see what I feel like doing tomorrow! :)




1 comment:

  1. You have been busy. Looking forward to seeing the 'after' photos of your completed projects. Good luck with them.
    x

    ReplyDelete